Stainless Steel Sprouting Lid and Ring for Regular Mouth Mason Jars
Sprout your own seeds easily at home with this DIY sprouting lid attachment for regular mouth Mason jars. You likely already have some pasta sauce jars lying around, just waiting to welcome sprouts.
This kit includes one mesh lid insert and one ring steel band made of high quality and rust-proof stainless steel.
This lid is great for making fresh sprouts and is also handy for straining or sifting. Pop in some icing sugar to sift over pancakes or cocoa powder to sift over a dark chocolate cake. Yum either way!
Back to sprouts... Only a few days are needed to grow all kinds of sprouts. You can even sprout regular seeds like broccoli or kale - instead of planting them in soil, sprout them here and harvest the nutritious sprouts for your tummy. Intimidated by the idea of sprouting? Relax, full simple instructions provided, here and with the product...
How to sprout seeds
- Wash the seeds, the jar, and lid.
- Place seeds in the jar (no more than a quarter of the way up the jar, as they will expand quite a bit) and cover with a few inches of water.
- Let them soak for 4-6 hours, preferably covered under a towel or tea cozy to keep the jar in the dark.
- Rinse the seeds 2-3 times a day and immediately drain after rinsing.
- Continue to rinse the seeds daily to be sure they don't dry out, and keep them out of direct sunlight. As soon as they are big enough to harvest (generally 5-6 days) give them a final rinse and drain them well in a colander.
- Remove unsprouted seeds. Once dry, store them in a bowl and use them within one week. They're great raw on their own!
Diameter: 7 cm / 2.75" (fits regular mouth jars)
Width: 1.7 cm / 0.67"
Materials: Stainless Steel 18-8 (304)
Care Instructions: Handwash
Country of manufacture: China
Health & Environment: Plastic-free, BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and lead-free
Packaging: Recyclable cardboard box